Jake & Will: CONTEST WARRIORS

Two filmmakers chasing the dream of producing their first feature film...
...and financing it solely through winning video contests.



Untreated footage:


Color Corrected Footage:


Notice how the center of the frame is a lot brighter in the color corrected shot? I applied what's called a vignette to the frame, which allowed me to selectively color correct just that center area. The result directs your attention to the subject and creates a variation of colors that is pleasing to the eye. I also reduced the saturation in that center area so that the reds in the executive's face weren't too overpowering. Compare with the top frame which is muddy and dark and you can see how important color correction can be. Later I may post the untreated version of the video so you can compare it directly with my color correction on the finished vid. Peace!

-Will

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome little tutorial!

Post a Comment