Jake & Will: CONTEST WARRIORS

Two filmmakers chasing the dream of producing their first feature film...
...and financing it solely through winning video contests.



My friend Nic Chatfield (whom you know if you watched the superbowl), and I got together a couple weeks ago to decide what creative project to collaborate on. We landed on the Jim Beam remake contest worth 25,000 grand. I pitched him my idea and he loved it, but after concluding that the contest wasn't viable because of rule restrictions I gracefully bowed out of the project.

A couple days later Nic called and told me he was going ahead with the idea, rules be damned. He produced the entire thing, called in all his favors and proceeded to make one of the best Jim Beam commercials I've seen in a long time. I get a writer and associate producer credit for this one.

-Jake

0 comments:

Post a Comment