Jake & Will: CONTEST WARRIORS

Two filmmakers chasing the dream of producing their first feature film...
...and financing it solely through winning video contests.


Yes. The answer is yes, but it is also true that I am always right...when it comes to choosing good movies. Most people believe that "good" is a relative term, and they would be wrong. A good movie is a good movie. It's not like a good meal, people have different tastes in meals, no one has different tastes in good movies.

I watch a lot of movies, and I watch even more trailers. I can pick good movies from trailers like a farmer can pick a prize winning pig out of the bunch. List me your top five favorite movies and I can give you recommendations based on those five movies. I've been doing it for years for my friends and family and I haven't been wrong yet.

Or you can ask Will. Of course he'll send you to Bringing down the House, but you know, Steve Martin and Queen Latifa do make a great couple.

-Jake

3 comments:

Donovan Keith said...

Everyone agrees on what a good movie is, but not everyone agrees on what a good film is. I've been told Fellini and Kurasawa make great films but I wouldn't know as I can't stay awake through them.

Okay, wow me:
Pulp Fiction
Amelie
Lawrence of Arabia
Dr. Strangelove
Harold and Maude

John said...

I'm kind of an asshole in this post, so I apologize.

Here are some movies you will like:
500 Days of Summer
Nine
Brothers Bloom
Paper Heart
Treeless Mountain
Departures

Prince Gomolvilas said...

I liked Bringing Down the House. So there.

Post a Comment