Jake & Will: CONTEST WARRIORS

Two filmmakers chasing the dream of producing their first feature film...
...and financing it solely through winning video contests.


Not this blog entry, silly! The commercials. Why are we writing all these commercials ourselves?

It's not that we're bad writers-- we can definitely come up with a great commercial-- but writing isn't our forte. It's not what we want to do. We want to DIRECT.

But it's come to my attention recently that I know some ridiculously talented and funny writers. People who make a living writing. People who have, you know, credentials or whatever. And part of our evolution as filmmakers has been to NOT do everything ourselves-- to let others, who want to do sound design, who want to become cinematographers, actors and set designers, work their magic as fellow cogs in a well-oiled machine.

As I agonized coming up with a pitch earlier today, I had the epiphany that if I could include these great minds (more like big weirdos) in the process, I could focus on the direction, which is what I enjoy most. This strategy more closely mirrors real world filmmaking anyway. So here's to the evolution of the Contest Warriors... and to the big bucks that are sure to come along with it.

-Will

0 comments:

Post a Comment