Jake & Will: CONTEST WARRIORS

Two filmmakers chasing the dream of producing their first feature film...
...and financing it solely through winning video contests.


... has been overwhelming. Jake and I sent out an email two days ago and already have received a lot of great feedback.

But what strikes me most is WHO I've received that feedback from. I make a habit of sending out my work to old bosses and colleagues I've worked with. It's a great way for me to stay in touch and also let them know what I've been working on. Sometimes I get responses back, sometimes I don't. But this time, I've received more feedback from these people than ever before. These are people I look up to for their art and mastery of the craft, people who have been doing this for years who truly understand the ins and outs of the industry. It is flattering, to say the least, and really has helped me gauge how far we've come since "5 Things You Shouldn't Do in a Public Restroom".

So here's to high hopes for another win. And just in case you haven't seen it, or forgot how awesome it was, check out the first video Jake and I ever made together-- "5 Things You Shouldn't Do in a Public Restroom". Half a million views and counting:



-Will

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you guys gonna do a Doritos ad?

Will said...

If they announce the contest again this year, absolutely. By the way, who are you?

Post a Comment