Jake & Will: CONTEST WARRIORS

Two filmmakers chasing the dream of producing their first feature film...
...and financing it solely through winning video contests.


Maybe not that bad. But I've certainly learned my lesson.

Some contests are well run and some contests are not. Without disparaging any of the fine people over at ForRent.com, I must say I haven't seen a more negative contest... ever. People in the comments were vicious and angry and bitter and mean. Accusations of cheating flew as well as outright insults. I mean, these people were brutal!

But with the voting period safely behind us, Jake and I both want to thank all of you for your support. We also want to assure you that we will be minimizing the number of voting based contests we enter from now on. It's just not worth the trouble anymore.

We'll find out in a matter of weeks whether or not we grabbed the $10,000 and we'll keep you posted.

-Will

0 comments:

Post a Comment