Jake & Will: CONTEST WARRIORS

Two filmmakers chasing the dream of producing their first feature film...
...and financing it solely through winning video contests.



Will and I have talked a lot about how we should structure our videos, and the one question that comes up time and time again is, "do we try and film what we think the public wants, or do we stay true to our vision and make what we think is awesome?"

I hate child actors. It is a blinding hate. A hate that comes from the very core of my darkest being. I love children, but I hate child actors. I think they come across as fake, dimwitted, and manipulative. That being said I have seen a number of huge contest prizes go to short films featuring small children. They babble away in that annoyingly cute gee-shucks attitude that reminds me so much of our "late," president that I just have to scream OBAMA-NATION! I digress. Will and I have refused to use small children as a ploy to win votes from the public. I stand proud knowing that I am staying true to the awesome nature of VCW.



Yeah! Congratulations! I hate you!

Having said that, I am not above using a cause like Darfur to win copious amounts of money. As evidenced in the video below:

3 comments:

Eric said...

You guys are going to hell.

Will said...

And we are taking you with us.

Prince Gomolvilas said...

I want a ticket to hell too. Please save one for me.

Post a Comment